This is an old favorite recipe of mine. Delicious, spicy, cheesy goodness, in a one pot, easy to clean up way. I’ve done this a few different ways, and I think in the slow cooker is the easiest, so for you working parents, a wonderful set it and forget it kind of meal. For a much quicker cleanup, I HIGHLY recommend slow cooker liners. They’ve changed my life with everything from pasta to soups to slow cooked meats, and make cleanup a breeze.
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 pound box of pasta
- 1/4 pound of Velveeta, cubed
- 1 cup of blue cheese
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 to 1 cup of buffalo sauce
- 1 medium onion, diced
- Put everything into the slow cooker.
- Set to low, and let it go, stirring occasionally
- Six to eights hours later, say after work, stir, and add salt, pepper, and buffalo sauce to taste
Yes, it really is that easy, which is why this is one of my favorite busy day meals. The melting cheese, buffalo sauce, and juices from the chicken are enough to cook the pasta, without making it terribly gummy or overcooked thanks to the low temperature of the slow cooker, and the chicken will stay at the perfect temperature without overcooking.
- No slow cooker? Boil the pasta in a pot, I use chicken stock to add more flavor, per directions, brown chicken in a pan, saute the onions (i use lard) in the same pan, drain the pasta, add the chicken then the cheese and hot sauce, stir until combined
- I use store bought buffalo sauce when I’m in hurry but homemade is a little nicer and doesn’t take very long at all.